Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st Grade Animal Texture Pictures

The first unit that my first graders are working through is about line. This week, we are looking at Albrecht Dürer's Young Hare (below), and seeing how Dürer used lines to draw the rabbit's fur and make him look soft. The students learned to make different lines to show the texture of different animals. I made a bulletin board to show the school what the first graders are learning, but the photograph didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. If you click on the picture, it will expand, and then you can see it better.

1 comment:

  1. Lines are complicated; I'm still really fighting with line weight. When it is right, it's lovely, but it's so hard for me to balance it. Either everything is too heavy or too light, or there isn't enough variation... crazy stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete