Monday, April 23, 2012

Student Portfolio

One of my 5th grade students has an opportunity to take a summer art class at Purdue. In order to get into the class, she has to meet several requirements, including good grades, an art portfolio, and a letter of recommendation from an art instructor. I was more than happy to write a letter for her, because she is a great student who is very talented and always works hard. Here are the pieces she included in her portfolio. Several of these are from class; you may recognize them from previous posts. She also came into my classroom during her recess (my prep period) to work on extra projects. I don't mind giving up my prep period to spend time with a promising student who works hard and behaves well. I just found out today that she got into the class, so our hard work paid off!









1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! This is a wonderful portfolio for someone in only 5th grade. You do such a wide variety with the kids- they're lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete